- 2 1/2 lbs. chicken, cubed
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion salt
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- 2 branches of fresh thyme
- 1 or 2 scotch bonnet peppers, whole
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup oil for browning water
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick pot on medium heat and add onions and garlic.
- Add a little bit of the curry and let cook for a about 1 minute.
- Then add the chicken with some more of the curry and brown the meat on all sides.
- Add potatos and enough water to cover.
- Then add the rest of the curry and the rest of the ingredients and mix well.IIncrease heat to medium-high and allow to boil.
- Reduce heat to low medium, cover and allow to cook for at least 30 min.
- Remove from heat and take out thyme branches and scotch bonnet peppers. Then serve on top of Rice and Peas