For those of you who do not get to enjoy the warmer temperature of JA, this recipe for Rum Punch (with a twist) is sure to warm you up. We enjoyed this at dinner at Candice and Peter's in the Beach last Friday. We hope you do as well. Thanks for the recipe, Candice.
- 1 part Sour (Lime Juice)
- 2 parts Sweet (Sugar or Splenda - works well here as a substitute for sugar http://www.splenda.ca/)
- 3 parts Strong (Dark Appleton Estates rum http://www.appletonrum.com/ )
- 4 parts Weak (Water)
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Cinamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Angostura Bitters http://www.angostura.com/
- Bring water, lime juice and Splenda/Sugar to a boil. Cool to room temperature
- Add rum
- Add Nutmeg, Allspic, cloves
- Add Bitters to taste
Enjoy over ice!