I posted a story on January 20 one of my other blogs titled, “You get to play again tomorrow” (Check the story out at http://mykalsreport.blogspot.com/).
The response was overwhelming, unexpected and positive. Good learning. Gained confidence. Still not over the threshold where the blog grows organically, but I am on the right path!
My usual promotion after posting:
- Sent email to my usual distribution group (30 people)
- Twittered it http://twitter.com/. Follow me at ‘Chris_Morales’
- Posted on facebook profile and relevant groups (http://www.facebook.com/)
- Posted in Linkedin groups. Check out my profile at http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrismmorales
- Visits increased over the usual response.
- Received email informing me that the URL had been forwarded on to others (never had that before).
- Received positive comments that inspired me to write this post.
- A couple more people began following me on twitter
- The number of visitors to the blog have not dropped off as significantly as in the past
- Received an email with a link on how to market blogs more effectively. Check it out at http://www.ssi-online-marketing.blogspot.com/
- The article was a very personal story about something I experienced in my life…appealed to people
- It was a positive story. I suspect however that I got a reaction because the story struck a chord with the readers. It was not wallpaper that was easy to ignore. Need to write more stories like that.
- It energized me!
- Gained confidence in my writing style. I have been blogging since October 2008 and this is the first time I experienced this type of response
What I did next
- Gained more confidence regarding my writing style
- Focus my stories: lessons I have learned from my experiences in life
- Modified the blog title and description based on the information contained in the blog above
Please feel to comment on this story or contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
The journey continues…