Miscellaneous observations on 'stuff' as we hit the mid-summer point 0f 2009:
- Why do people with more than 8 items insist on using the "Express" checkout in grocery stores?
- Why do people still insist in on idling in drive-thru's to get a cup of coffee or a burger?
- I saw a person in a car reading a book the other day...on the 400 at 120 kmph...he was the driver!
- If smoking is bad, would a doctor smoke?
- Yelling doesn't solve anything
- Read the book, "Who moved my cheese?" http://www.whomovedmycheese.com/. It is the best way to deal with change I have ever read
- Gardening is good for the soul...and your marriage (ask me, I know)
- Keep busy when you don't feel like it...idleness will sink you
- "Don't let the bastards get you down" (OK, this one is from my friend Tim)
- Running solves everything...just ask Forrest Gump
- Complaining solves...nothing!
- Kids have all the answers...they just don't know the important questions yet
- LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN! Then listen some more
- Passion for something...anything...is absolutely necessary for happiness
- "Pulp Fiction" is a great movie (and I know what was in the briefcase...and I know the link between "Reservoir Dogs", "Pulp Fiction" and "Kill Bill")
- Love 'Mad Men'...wait a minute...I lived 'Mad Men'. Guess which character I was?
- Never lie; then you have no fear of the truth
- My grandmother was right...you do have to eat all your vegetables
Until next time...
(PS: the picture is of a recent sunrise over Southern Georgian Bay, summer 2009)