I'm really angry right now! I have been for quite some time and I'm growing angrier by the day. The root of my anger are the stupid things that I've seen humans do to each other over the past year. I can't help but feel that we are born to be stupid! Please someone, prove me wrong!
- People who don't wear facemasks indoors! COVID-19 is a virus that spreads through the air. Wear a mask...stop the blast!
- Speeding in traffic. That's right, cut me off to get 2 car lengths ahead! You've saved 15 seconds of time and endangered the lives of numerous other drivers.
- SUVs. Especially the big ones and the ones that cost upwards of $100,000. Seriously? About as stupid as people who buy pickup trucks and don't need them for work.
- People who brag about working 100 hours a week. Inventors and innovators get a pass on this but for the 99.9999% of the rest of us, you are a slave. You are not very interesting.
- The smartest person in the room. Some people say that...and believe it! OK, if I was having dinner with Einstein...
Maybe we are born to be stupid. We talk a mean streak about how smart we are but then we do some really dumb things. When challenged, we explain it away. A good friend recently shared how he deals with stupid people: With a flick of his wrist, he waves them away! I like that!
Want to explore more about human stupidity? Here are a few links:
So be warned. I'm less tolerant of stupidity and I plan to stay angry about that for some time!
Until next time...