- Navin Sadarangani Is this the beginning of the end of this thread. Come on ya'll, do you guys wanna disappoint Chris' one little wish at the beginning of the weekend. On my earlier 'silly but bright' idea (??), Larry, if you should know, Chris, Dan, Jetola and I spent ...See More
- Chris Morales Navin Sadarangani is partially right...Red Red Stripe while relaxing on the beach in Negril fixes everything. So far regarding The Reggae Marathon & Half Marathon is this: it's on December 6, 2014. Larry Savitch andDan Cumming and I need to check w...See More
- Dan Cumming Well, I have no plan to beat Deb Thomas, with or without age-grading. With the exception of Navin Sadarangani, we all get some benefit from the AG result (I just get waaaaaaay more than the rest of you - curve is like a hockey stick!). Chris Morales wa...See More
- Dan Cumming Deb Thomas, that 8:20, being faster than my 5K pace, I would say "not me"! However, I always start stupid fast anyway, so if we all had the same gear (like the Kenyans) I'd probably be up for the first mile at that speed. As for the 'Kenyan' part, ...See More
- Larry Savitch I said my peace... so to sum up.. unibrownie is insane,.. Dan is a seasoned runner, not old, Chris is brittle but he is our glue ironic ain't it?, and I have no chance of beating Deb in most everyone's eyes... and even though she has no chimed in Karen Karen still continues to call this a circle jerk.
- Navin Sadarangani They decide to stack up extra work on a Friday. Crap. I'm back now. I like Deb 's idea. Thursday night relay people. If Chris Morales can't put his vision on heel strike (read Short Vision), we could do the day. Else, we can convince Karen Savitch to k...See More
- Navin Sadarangani I see you guys still haven't woken up for the day. Agreed i did text late last evening; come on people, wake up. Dan, did you sleep thru the 33k too? Larry, another quick short race this weekend? Btw, how's your races schedule for this yr looking like?...See More
- Dan Cumming I'm back! 33K/20 mile very similar. Mine was pretty good. Hope yours was too, Deb. I accidentally signed up to run a marathon next Saturday, so had to get that one in today. Weather was crazy. Rain, sun, wind, no wind, but it was reasonably warm, so all good and now it is done!
- Navin Sadarangani That wasn't as long story as i thought it would be Dan. Are you an editor too? Just messing with ya. I don't know abt accidentally signing up for a marathon. I accidentally do many other things on a regular basis viz. eating numerous cookies, talking g...See More
- Larry Savitch I accidiently did not run today but accidently "stumbled" uponRushing Duck Brewing Co. and now will be going to the craft beer bar/restaurant in about a half hour.. I guess I should run Monday.. thats the fun of training for 5K's all is short.. next race after I get back from JA, so probably the first weekend in May.
- Navin Sadarangani Dan, now i get it. I think i have been into the 'accidental' mode for a while coz i accidentally became a Marathon Maniacs some 4 yrs ago too. Larry, i won't blame ya for accidentally 'running' into Brewers. Hey, there's nothing better one can do over the weekend right.
- Chris Morales I didn't run yesterday either. But I have a good excuse (at least until you guys wade in and pile on). On a serious note for a moment: healing going well and I hope to be back running by late April. Still hoping to race a 10K on Mother's Day in Toronto.
Reality really is better than fiction.
Until next time...