1. The act of pondering; meditation.Hmmm...Sally has noted that sometimes while watching TV I absentmindedly 'Chew my cud'. I am definitely on to something here. And the best part: while running I both chew my cud and ponder. Here are some of my recent ruminations:
2. The act or process of chewing cud.
- From Dan Cumming, Seasoned Runner, Running Guru, Marathoner, Ultra Runner, this gem about setting a new running goal: "In your next 10K, run your age". He suggested this after seeing my chip time from the recent Sporting Life 10K in Toronto. So for me this means running a 55 minute 10K. To do it I'll need to shave 4 minutes or so off my time. Summer training here we come!
- "I gotta loose some weight, I gotta loose some weight...".
- "When the H did I put on this weight?". Darn salty snacks...and beer!
- Time to buy new shoes. Do I go minimalist again or find a happy medium. I like the mid-foot running style...comfortable and I feel like I can run all day. Suggestions?
- Breathe! From the stomach...I think they call it 'Diaphramatic Breathing'...there, that's my other $3 word for today!
- Left, Right...repeat. This isn't so hard.
Until next time...