When the New Orleans Saints roll over the Minnesota Vikings in the NFL game this Sunday, I'll celebrate with Red Stripe and Ackee and Saltfish. Here is the recipe if you want to celebrate the Saints win with me: This delicious and vibrant meal is Jamaica's national dish and is often referred to as Jamaica's version of North America's omelette. And yes, Jamaican's love the NFL!
- 2 cans of ackee
- 6 slices of bacon diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 green onion diced
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper chopped
- 2 branches of fresh thyme
- 2 cups saltfish (boiled down)
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put oil in a non stick pan or pot and add onion, pepper and green onion and saute over medium heat.
- Slice bacon into 1/2" pieces. Fry separately, drain on paper towel.
- Add ackee and bacon and mix around.
- Then, add thyme, cover, reduce heat to low-medium and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then, add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.
Credit for this recipe goes to my son, Court who originally posted this last year. Thanks Court.
Enjoy the New Orleans Saints over the Minnesota Vikings in the NFL game this Sunday. I will.
And in the NFL's AFC game, the New York Jets will sink the Indianapolis Colts.
New Orleans Saints vs the New York Jets in the Superbowl. What shall I prepare for that football match up?
Until next time...