- Online search results
- Social Media profiles on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (to name the Big 4)
- Google Reviews (and every other 5 star online review site)
These search results are generally positive for my Employment position:
- Position #2, 7 and 8...all above the Fold
- LinkedIn is prioritized...this makes sense since I spend the bulk of my energy on curating my profile
- My Part-time Teaching position in at #8 is a surprise...I don't actively promote this...I think it is a function of the high traffic volume on the George Brown College website (and interest in the Continuing Education Courses)
- Create online profiles and optimize them for SEO
- Get your own personal website
- Start blogging
- Increase your click-trough rate by setting up the Google Authorship Markup
What I want is to have a positive online reputation and dominate the page 1 search results. Over the next 8 weeks I'll be applying the tips above. I'll be posting updates about the results and sharing my learning.
Onwrds to improved online reputation!