- Airplane ticket: Direct flight this year from Toronto to Montego Bay! Yippee!. As much as I like the airport in Miami, I love this direct, non-stop flight to Jamaica.
- Transfer to Negril from the airport in Montego Bay: JUTA Negril takes care of me both ways at Reggae Marathon. I love the trip and check off the touch points on my way: Montego Bay Harbour from the 'high road'; The Street vendors as we make it through town; The Water Wheel at Tryall; Coming into Lucea...always a hustle and bustle; Green Island, the original turnaround for the full Marathon; Long Bay Beach Park...ahhh, we're home!
- First Red Stripe on the Beach: For the past number of years I've stayed at Rondel Village, a really nice smaller property along the Negril Beach. So has Dan Cumming and it's been great to catch up over a beer at dinner watching the sun sink into the Caribbean.
- First run in Negril: Looking forward to Thursday morning's run with Dan. Easy pace and not too long.
- Everything around the Reggae Marathon Race Experience of course: Thursday to meet the Reggae Marathon crew and pick up our race kits; Friday night Pasta Party to meet up with the rest of the international gang; Saturday before, during and after...I never want it to end!
- Ossies for Jerk Pork and Jerk Chicken: Washed down with a cold Red Stripe. Do I really need to say more?
- The Beer Bus...or is that politically incorrect? Sunday's bus trip to numerous off-the-beaten path bars in Negril's West End organized by Larry Savitch is the perfect way to end a fabulous weekend. Wonder how many people will be crammed onboard this year?
Yes the suitcase is packed. New shoes and all. What time is the limo coming...?
Until next time...