- We started with a 5 kg bird.
- Thoroughly seasoned it with a little olive oil, paprika, basil, oregano and paprika.
- Covered it tightly with cling wrap and left it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- To cook, I placed a shallow pan filled with water under the grill and brought the temperature in the BBQ up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit before putting the turkey directly on the grill. Kept it at 400 F for the first 45 minutes, then turned it down to 350 F for the next 60 minutes.
- Checked the internal temperature at this time and it was done! Took it off the grill and covered it with aluminum foil to rest for about 25 minutes.
- Took 5 medium-sized sweet potatoes and removed the skin.
- Chopped into approx 3 inch sections then sliced length-wise to make wedges.
- Seasoned with some olive oil, paprika, garlic salt, oregano and basil.
- Placed in microwave for approximately 13 minutes to soften them.
- Arranged wedges on a shallow, flat metal pan directly on the BBQ grill.
- Covered and left for approximately 20 minutes till slightly crispy on the outside, soft on the inside.
- Removed the husk.
- Drizzled Olive oil on all the cobs.
- Dusted lightly with paprika, garlic salt, oregano and basil.
- Placed directly on the BBQ grill for about 20 minutes. Rotated to get slightly brown all over.
Until next time...